The Government is adding 32 new health sector roles to the Green List and will move all Green List health roles to the Straight to Residence pathway.
The roles being added to the Green List are across the health system and considered critical and nationally important. The new roles also cover specialisations within those fields.
The list includes roles in social services, education, and the justice sector that support the delivery of health services.
Eligible people will be able to apply from 29 May 2023.
To apply for the Straight to Residence visa applicants must meet the requirements for their occupation as shown in the Green List.
List of health sector roles going on the Green List:
- Addiction practitioner/alcohol & drug clinician
- Clinical dental technician
- Clinical physiologists (sleep, renal, exercise, respiratory, neurology, and cardiac)
- Dental specialists
- Dental technician
- Dental therapist
- Dispensing optician
- Drug and alcohol counsellor
- Enrolled nurse
- Genetic counsellor
- Medical laboratory pre-analytical technician
- Medical resonance imaging technologist
- Nuclear medicine technologist
- Nurse practitioner
- Oral health therapist
- Orthotic and prosthetic technician
- Paramedic/emergency medical technician
- Perfusionist (cardiac)
- Play therapist (hospital)
- Social worker
- Speech language therapist
- Sterile processing technician
Existing roles on Green List Work to Residence pathway moving to Straight to Residence pathway:
- Anaesthetic Technician
- Medical imaging technologist
- Medical laboratory technician
- Medical radiation therapist
- Occupational therapist.
Existing roles on Green List Straight to Residence pathway:
- Clinical Psychologists
- Medical laboratory scientist
- Medical practitioners
- Physicist (Medical)
- Registered Nurse
News source: Government announces more health roles to be added to the Green List | Immigration New Zealand