Roles added to the Green List
Seventeen roles will be added to the Green List, following a scheduled and targeted review conducted by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).
Roles being added to the Green List are:
- Aviation Engineer (Avionics, Aeronautical, Aerospace Engineer)
- Naval Architects (aka Marine Designer)
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- ICT Database and System Administrator
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Road Roller Operator
- Paving Plant Operator
- Corrections Officer
- Metal Fabricator
- Pressure Welder
- Fitter (General)
- Fitter and Turner
- Metal Machinist (First Class)
- Panel Beater
- Vehicle Painter.
The roles will be added to the Green List from March 2024. More information, including the specific requirements for each role and the specific residence pathway that will be available, will be available nearer the time.
Applications for work to residence pathway open
From 29 September 2023, the Green List and Sector Agreement Work to Residence pathways will open to applications for existing occupations on those lists.
Migrants with 2 years of eligible work experience in a Green List Work to Residence or eligible Sector Agreement role will be able to apply for residence if they meet other requirements relating to age, health, character and English language ability.
New roles added to Construction and Infrastructure Sector Agreement
Additional roles will also be added to the Construction and Infrastructure Sector Agreement. These will be added early next year, and more information will be available closer to the time.
The roles being added to the Construction and Infrastructure Sector Agreement are:
- Driller’s Assistant (821912)
- Earthmoving Labourer (821113)
- Earthmoving Plant Operator (General) (721211)
- Linemarker (721912)
- Machine Operators n.e.c (711999)
- Mechanic’s Assistant (899916)
- Road Traffic Controller (899923).
Image attributed to Freepik